The past two days have been absolutely awesome but hell tiring.
Saturday, Nasri, Zinc, Vanessa, Siying and I headed to Orchard for a terrible long day of cruising and fooling around, and shopping, although the initial plan was to watch a movie and just window-shop. But knowing us girls, shopping is the hardest temptation to resist. First destination, Cineleisure: we had our lunch at LJS – man, that wasn’t filling at all; my bad I guess that I ordered just the wrap. At Cineleisure, we spent money like there was no tomorrow. After all, the place stores the coolest shops with so many interesting stuff.
Next destination, Ngee Ann City: Basically, Vanessa and I eyed for the best range of guy clothes for ourselves in Zara and Zinc bought a top for herself. You should have seen Nasri’s face; he was bored of shopping with us. Guys have so little patience!
Final destination: Far East Plaza: Here, we shopped more and had some snacks. That was the end for the Nasri, Siying and Vanessa but Zinc and I had plans to walk all the way to Plaza Singapura. We did eventually, but it was humid and uncomfortable making our way through the evening crowd. I reached home about eight after spending some time with Zinc and finally watched ‘Namaste London’ (Gotta say…Akshay is HOT!!!)
Saturday, Nasri, Zinc, Vanessa, Siying and I headed to Orchard for a terrible long day of cruising and fooling around, and shopping, although the initial plan was to watch a movie and just window-shop. But knowing us girls, shopping is the hardest temptation to resist. First destination, Cineleisure: we had our lunch at LJS – man, that wasn’t filling at all; my bad I guess that I ordered just the wrap. At Cineleisure, we spent money like there was no tomorrow. After all, the place stores the coolest shops with so many interesting stuff.
Next destination, Ngee Ann City: Basically, Vanessa and I eyed for the best range of guy clothes for ourselves in Zara and Zinc bought a top for herself. You should have seen Nasri’s face; he was bored of shopping with us. Guys have so little patience!
Final destination: Far East Plaza: Here, we shopped more and had some snacks. That was the end for the Nasri, Siying and Vanessa but Zinc and I had plans to walk all the way to Plaza Singapura. We did eventually, but it was humid and uncomfortable making our way through the evening crowd. I reached home about eight after spending some time with Zinc and finally watched ‘Namaste London’ (Gotta say…Akshay is HOT!!!)
Sunday: Class Barbeque
I would not say it was superb but it wasn’t bad either. Let’s just say I’m sitting on the fence. The whole class bbq thing was okay, considering the fact that there were 3 total strangers who acted as though they owned it all. But the time I spent with some was worth staying awake…I got to some of my classmates well ‘cause we made the effort to open up that wouldn’t have been done if I had been in the classroom.
I met up with a few of my classmates at Paya Lebar MRT station to do grocery shopping. Before we did so, we sat at Banquet to have a short lunch. That’s when the most appalling thing happened. One of my classmates caught a whiff of my perfume (I guess I put too much) and she asked me, “You put perfume?” I was astounded by the question. Speechless. Rooted to the ground. Hoping that she was asking just a random question (my bad, it wasn’t), I replied with the ‘duh’ look on the face,” Doesn’t everyone spray perfume on themselves?” She went on to say, “I thought you only put perfume when you sweat”. Don’t tell me I have got to sweat to spray perfume on myself. Ha!
That aside, we headed to the bbq pit which was close to the Carpark C1. The first few hours were spent talking. We started the bbq fire at about 6.30pm and barbequed food for close to three hours. However, it is not easy to keep on eating. I was full within thirty minutes. While barbequing, one classmate of mine (yeah, that one) suddenly started walking towards the sea. Scared out of our wits, Aru, Ally and I stalked her. At the beach, we ended up talking to each other. That just stimulated long hours of talking and sharing thoughts. I won’t disclose anything here but I have to say it was a really wonderful experience to know them well. Later when we came back from a night walk with Yohanis, we met the rest. Then we went for a longer, scarier night walk with Sarah (my classmate) and her boyfriend. That walk took about two hours. We came back to find only two classmates happily chatting away. Not bothered at all, we tried to fall asleep. The rest did but I just couldn’t do it; it was so bloody uncomfortable and humid with the irritating ronnie-cackle playing on full blast in conjunction with the rhythmic sounds of the splashing waves. Basically, that whole day, I didn’t sleep at all.
The next morning, only the three of us remained – Sarah and her acquantaince left at about 6.30 a.m. I think the others left earlier. So it was only the few of us left to clean up the place – maybe just Ally; Aru and I didn’t lift a finger to clean it up.
Once home, I slept like a log for five hours straight.
I would not say it was superb but it wasn’t bad either. Let’s just say I’m sitting on the fence. The whole class bbq thing was okay, considering the fact that there were 3 total strangers who acted as though they owned it all. But the time I spent with some was worth staying awake…I got to some of my classmates well ‘cause we made the effort to open up that wouldn’t have been done if I had been in the classroom.
I met up with a few of my classmates at Paya Lebar MRT station to do grocery shopping. Before we did so, we sat at Banquet to have a short lunch. That’s when the most appalling thing happened. One of my classmates caught a whiff of my perfume (I guess I put too much) and she asked me, “You put perfume?” I was astounded by the question. Speechless. Rooted to the ground. Hoping that she was asking just a random question (my bad, it wasn’t), I replied with the ‘duh’ look on the face,” Doesn’t everyone spray perfume on themselves?” She went on to say, “I thought you only put perfume when you sweat”. Don’t tell me I have got to sweat to spray perfume on myself. Ha!
That aside, we headed to the bbq pit which was close to the Carpark C1. The first few hours were spent talking. We started the bbq fire at about 6.30pm and barbequed food for close to three hours. However, it is not easy to keep on eating. I was full within thirty minutes. While barbequing, one classmate of mine (yeah, that one) suddenly started walking towards the sea. Scared out of our wits, Aru, Ally and I stalked her. At the beach, we ended up talking to each other. That just stimulated long hours of talking and sharing thoughts. I won’t disclose anything here but I have to say it was a really wonderful experience to know them well. Later when we came back from a night walk with Yohanis, we met the rest. Then we went for a longer, scarier night walk with Sarah (my classmate) and her boyfriend. That walk took about two hours. We came back to find only two classmates happily chatting away. Not bothered at all, we tried to fall asleep. The rest did but I just couldn’t do it; it was so bloody uncomfortable and humid with the irritating ronnie-cackle playing on full blast in conjunction with the rhythmic sounds of the splashing waves. Basically, that whole day, I didn’t sleep at all.
The next morning, only the three of us remained – Sarah and her acquantaince left at about 6.30 a.m. I think the others left earlier. So it was only the few of us left to clean up the place – maybe just Ally; Aru and I didn’t lift a finger to clean it up.
Once home, I slept like a log for five hours straight.