07/04/10 marks a new beginning. . . to my mice handling! Hahaha!
For the first time in history, I successfully performed vaginal smears on two fiesty mice, without having to put those poor things through too much trauma. The remaining two didn't really cooperate much so my colleague handled them. For some reason, I feel like a superhero now - like something's goten accomplished. There's one really fiesty one I can't stand. Every time I look at it, it feels as if it's taunting me through it's beady eyes with a "Catch Me If You Can" sort of stare. It's definitely going to be a combat in time to come. Urrghhh.
Anyway, the devil's back! As I had expected, my supervisors weren't fully enjoying their holidays and were too keen on doing work (in other terms, editing my review for any lack of scientific information - that's just the first round). And I received the first bit of it today - the whole section on the proteomics of follistatin. Wow. I wouldn't say there are major changes (Thanks Wendy for being kind =]) but there were irritating bits and pieces that had to be replaced/added/deleted. And since Proteomics and I don't really go well together, dealing with it all over again was like walking on hot coal. Excruciating.
But that's done for. Next bit, with the project outline, would be out tomorrow evening, as promised by Jane. Redoing that bit would be alot more harrowing than the first bit, since this was pretty much based on prior knowledge, and I would have to source for papers again.
*I swear I must be really bored out of my mind to be updating about my work progress. This is crazy.