I admit, I always try to find every reason to escape. I am build this way. I have always run away from commitment.
In primary school, I dabbled in so many extracurricular activities because I simply got bored of it. Organ group, Drama, Swimming, Science club, Indian Dance. Secondary school was pretty much just art club and floorball.
Right when I thought I got my calling in floorball and decided I should pursue that sport in RP, I was turned off by the commitment I had to put in weekly. (5 days training is crazy shit) And then the trend started again. In the past years, I have dabbled so much in so many things, I suspect if this is getting worse with my age. Initially, I thought research was my sort of thing (like, yeah, I can handle it...it's 9 to 5, isnt it?). Now, it's crazy shit. Crazy times, huge workloads. That is loads of commitment, even worse than undergrad. Escape isn't even a choice. It's being such a torture, I can't do but compromise. And compromises don't come easy. They take every bit of energy, every single bit.
Exchanging a carefree life with that of being caged behind lab walls (or even my room), is as good as going cold turkey. Damn the withdrawal symptoms.
Med school is my only other option.