Today, on April Fools, I got PUNKED twice. What's the big deal? Hear me out.
First, it was my colleague.
RG (Her name): So was the mouse in the estrus stage?
Me: Yeah, it was in transition.
RG (nonchalantly): In that case, we have to be here tomorrow to get it culled. You alright with that?
Me (eyebrows raised): It's a public holiday tomorrow?
RG: Yeah, but you're an honours student and you should be available anytime, you should be readily committing your time for your project.
Me: Yeahhh, it's not that. Won't the lab be close tomorrow?
RG: Don't you have the key? You should get the key. You do know that we will have to work overtime, there's no holiday for us. I had to work my weekends weeks ago just to look after some pregnant mice.
Me: Can't we do it on Saturday?
RG: It would have passed the stage. We'll have to get it done by tomorrow.
Me (at a loss of words to argue): Alright.
RG (laughing): Nah it's alright, we'll do it next week!
I left the room, only to realise I had just been punked. Hahahaha. But it definitely felt good to be fooled, after such a horridly long day. Worth a good laugh. (Fidah was so easily pranked!)
2nd joke: My Kismat.
This one is classic. And I deserve this BIG TIME. After calling in sick a number of times (which were all fake) to get time for the review, guess what decided to catch up with me. My lies. Every single lie. All that throughout the course of the day. After being psyched up about finally revisiting Nott, I finally had a good sleep last night. This morning, I was woken up with a horrible heavy feeling in the head. If that wasn't enough, after breakfast, I felt nauseas (morning sickness! LOL), which lasted throughout the day. And the weather wasn't any good. And then the supposed cold. Yes, it decided to finally visit me. All at once. And when I thought I'd still be alright after all these and a nap, things just got worse.
That's why they say, never lie, 'cause Karma is a bitch. Learnt my lesson the hard way.
Another addition to all the jokes life's played on me. Every time, it's made me a fool, I have had a great laugh at my foolishness. Seriously. I don't even know when I should ever take life seriously.
*Maybe I am slow to realise, but Dolby Digital Sound System is awesome.