Sep 2015 - "I don't trust a man without a dark side"
I had published this post following a short (~2 month) telephone fling with a guy I got to know on Shaadi.com (I know, it is a desperate measure to cure my loneliness). He was pleasant to look at, to say the least. But, daaayuuummm, the dude had a complicated past and an even more complicated personality. And it didn't help that I was trying to play all cool and 'hard to get' all the while I was falling for him. I am glad I got out of it before it took me down (no pun intended).
Everyone, weak or strong has had a past - a battle with their innermost evils: be it greed, lust, fear, anxiety, anger, heartache or envy. No one survives with a clean slate. In fact, you're not human without a dark past. That past either makes you or breaks you. You need the chaos it brings to your life to live. Life is all about balance. Without the chaos, the peace feels unsettling. For every dark night you struggle through, there is a morning awaiting to dawn. For every dream you live, there is reality waiting to shake you out of it. Like they say, relish the good while it lasts - because you never know what's around the corner. But don't ever let the bad crumble you. Relish it while it happens. Let it tear you apart and let it build you. STRONGER. Stronger for the good that is to come your way, so you'll appreciate it even more. Stronger for the worse that is to come your way, so that you'll fight it headstrong. This is life: a dark past is necessary for a bright future. Each and everyone of us will emerge from it stronger and wiser; but not always fully at peace. We will still have our cynicism, we will still have our fears and worries, and we will still have a furor of demons waiting to battle with our will. But this is where you make a choice, pick your side and live however you wish to be. All the while trying to be as human as you possibly can.
I had published this post following a short (~2 month) telephone fling with a guy I got to know on Shaadi.com (I know, it is a desperate measure to cure my loneliness). He was pleasant to look at, to say the least. But, daaayuuummm, the dude had a complicated past and an even more complicated personality. And it didn't help that I was trying to play all cool and 'hard to get' all the while I was falling for him. I am glad I got out of it before it took me down (no pun intended).
Everyone, weak or strong has had a past - a battle with their innermost evils: be it greed, lust, fear, anxiety, anger, heartache or envy. No one survives with a clean slate. In fact, you're not human without a dark past. That past either makes you or breaks you. You need the chaos it brings to your life to live. Life is all about balance. Without the chaos, the peace feels unsettling. For every dark night you struggle through, there is a morning awaiting to dawn. For every dream you live, there is reality waiting to shake you out of it. Like they say, relish the good while it lasts - because you never know what's around the corner. But don't ever let the bad crumble you. Relish it while it happens. Let it tear you apart and let it build you. STRONGER. Stronger for the good that is to come your way, so you'll appreciate it even more. Stronger for the worse that is to come your way, so that you'll fight it headstrong. This is life: a dark past is necessary for a bright future. Each and everyone of us will emerge from it stronger and wiser; but not always fully at peace. We will still have our cynicism, we will still have our fears and worries, and we will still have a furor of demons waiting to battle with our will. But this is where you make a choice, pick your side and live however you wish to be. All the while trying to be as human as you possibly can.